DivorceCare for Kids’ parent ministry is Church Initiative. Church Initiative is a nondenominational, nonprofit ministry serving more than 18,000 churches worldwide. From its headquarters in Wake Forest, North Carolina, the ministry creates and publishes video-based curriculum to help churches minister to people experiencing life crises.
Church Initiative is committed to producing small group resources and materials that are:
- Biblically based
- Designed for ministry conducted through the local church
Our mission is to create biblical, Christ-centered resources that mobilize lay people to help hurting people within the context of the local church.
Here’s the twofold strategy we use to carry out our mission:
- Development of Christ-centered, biblical, video-based curriculums
- Provision of free, ongoing, consulting support to churches and ministry leaders
- To see churches help divorced and grieving people heal using DivorceCare, DivorceCare for Kids, Single & Parenting, and GriefShare.
- To see churches engage in effective outreach and grow numerically as they consistently offer DivorceCare, DivorceCare for Kids, Single & Parenting, and GriefShare to their communities.
- To see nonbelievers realize that apart from a relationship with Christ, they will never experience true healing.
- To see nonbelievers placing their faith in Christ for the forgiveness of sin as a result of hearing the gospel through DivorceCare, DivorceCare for Kids, Single & Parenting, and GriefShare within the context of a local church.
- To see Christ-followers realize they have access to God’s resources and experience complete healing from the pain of divorce and grief.
- To see people realize that God often uses tragedy and suffering to help us grow.
- To provide churches with resources that equip lay leaders to pursue their ministry passion and utilize their God-given ministry gifts with excellence.